He loves me... he loves me not.... he LOVES ME!!!! There are times, and days that I feel like I say this over and over in my head! One minute I am the apple or "cookie" of my little guy's eye, belly laughs, giggles, and smiles galore...And the next minute, "Mommy, go away...get away from me!" ....Ouch, does that sting. It hurts...bigtime. Even though I know he doesn't mean it, and it's because I'm doing what's best for him (even when he doesn't think so). Diaper changes, bathtime (yes, bathtime...unless it's on his terms), getting dressed, brushing teeth, bedtime...etc...ok almost everything brings on resistance and more often these days, tantrums. Mommy handling most of these duties (I guess I'm more the routine queen) takes the brunt of these hurtful hits of his words.
Well, it just so happened that on Father's Day (and actually again today, too!) I heard the most fabulous wonderful words spoken on the face of the Earth, by my child. I had gotten up with Jack, and we were downstairs for a good part of the morning, letting daddy sleep in...when he came up to me, put his arms around my head and said, "Awe, I love you, Mommy. I love you, Mommy. (then he kissed me) I like you, Mommy" Ok, total teary-eyed heart melting moment for me...and I replay this over and over again in my mind. Not only, is it my son saying this to me, but it was the first time he has ever initiated those words. Of course, he says it back(usually :) when his father or I say it to him...but this time...he had thought it and said it first! So talk about a precious gift for Mommy on Father's Day!
So I guess, it's safe to say, He LOVES me, even when at times he makes me feel like the most mean, unfair mommy in the world. So when he's upset and tells me, "to go away", he has now given me the gift of this to reflect on! And I LOVE HIM ALWAYS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment